Things you should not forget before you leave
- Get basic information about the country and destination you plan to visit.
- Check the security risks in the country in our ERV travel & care mobile app or on www.ERVpojistovna.cz.
- Check www.mzv.cz to see whether the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a warning on travels to the area you plan to visit.
- If you travel to exotic destination, check compulsory and recommended vaccinations in the country.
- Prior to a longer trip, visit your doctor and get sufficient supplies of your medication.
- When travelling to a country requiring a visa, get it in time at the appropriate consulate.
- Check the validity of your passport (at least 6 months), make a photocopy or take a picture of it and save it to the Document safe in Moje Evropská mobile app.
- When travelling by car, make sure that your driving licence applies in the country you intend to visit. The traffic rules in the country may be different from those you are used to.
- We recommend you to register to DROZD system (voluntary register of Czech citizens when travelling abroad) on www.mzv.cz.
- Label your baggage with a concealed name tag with your address and put one inside your bag as well.
- When travelling by air, take bags from solid materials that can be securely locked and make sure to make them distinct.
Things you should pay attention to on the trip
- When travelling by air, take any valuable and fragile items (cameras, notebooks, jewellery, money, medication, etc.) with you on board.
- If you have a longer flight, pack the essentials for one day to your carry-on luggage.
- When you pick up your baggage from the carrier, check it thoroughly and claim any damages immediately at the „Baggage Claim“ of the airport.
- When travelling by car, store all your personal belongings in the trunk. Items left in the car cabin draw the attention of thieves, even if they are covered.
- Do not relinquish your passport while abroad under any conditions, even if you are asked to do so. In the extreme case, call the police.
- In less developed countries, avoid using tap water, ice cubes, local dairy products, and food sold by street vendors. Brush your teeth with water sold in bottles, and when showering do not swallow any water, to prevent stomach and intestinal problems and potential parasite infestation.
- At a hotel, store your valuables, greater cash amounts, jewellery, documents, etc. in the hotel safe.
- Call an ambulance in any life-threatening situation!