If you suddenly need to cancel a booking that has already been paid, if you damaged the amenities of the hotel or you are not able to enjoy your holidays till the end, report it online in the section "Make a claim" of this website. Do not forget to attach the required documents so we can settle the claim in time.
HotelStorno insurance is intended to cover cases in which you are compelled to suddenly cancel your booking, if you damage the amenities of the hotel or you won't be able to enjoy your holidays till the end. It covers cancellation of your stay due to serious illness or injury, health complications in pregnancy, extensive damage of your home, loss of employment, divorce proceedings or remedial examination. The particular cases can be found in "Insurance details" section of this webpage and in the insurance terms and conditions.
Regular trip cancellation insurance applies to travel services (tours, flight tickets, accommodation) arranged for both trips abroad and within the Czech Republic. You can buy it on-line. HotelStorno can be concluded only via partner accommodation providers for stays within the Czech Republic. In addition to accommodation cancellation, it includes liability for damage of the hotel amenities and compensation for unused holidays.
Deductible is a specified amount or percentage of the costs that you have to pay for each insured event. For example, if you paid CZK 10,000 for a treatment and the deductible is 20%, we will refund you with CZK 8,000.
The insurance can be concluded exclusively via our partner accommodation facilities or booking systems.
What does the insurance cover
Cancellation of your stay
- serious acute illness or injury (also of a co-traveller or closest relative) or COVID-19 ilness (also of a co-traveller)
- health complications due to pregnancy up to 2 months before expected delivery (also for your closest relatives)
- loss of employment for which you are not liable for reason of organisational changes or demise of your (also your co-traveller’s) employer
- divorce proceedings initiated after taking out insurance
- remedial examinations, if the unsuccessful event occurs after taking out the insurance
- extensive damage to your home caused by a fire, floods, crime, etc. just before departure
Personal liablity for damages of the hotel's property
- in case you damage the amenities of the accommodation facility
- in case you won't be able to enjoy your holidays the way you planned
How much does the insurance cost
You will pay only 4 – 6 % of the total price of accommodation depending on the product variant.
We will refund 80% of the cancellation fees that you will be compelled to pay to the accommodation facility. This means that the deductible will be 20% of each insured event. In case of hospitalisation, the deductible is only 10%.
How to make a claim
You can easily report your claim online using our claim report web application. Choose the damage type Trip cancellation, Personal liability for injury or property damage or Other insured event (in case of unused holidays). More information can be found on How to make a claim webpage.
(limits in CZK)
|Trip cancellation (up to the total price of the accommodation) *
|Liability for property damage
|Unused holidays **
Explanatory notes: *) 20% deductible, 10% in the event of hospitalization, **) CZK 1 000 per day.
|% of total price for the accommodation